Tuesday 9 August 2011

Slice of cake

This cake shaped box is based on an idea I saw in a shop somewhere.  It's 2 pieces of card with the opening at the back - perhaps this should be on the bottom?

I added the chocolate flower centre and sandwich filling as thought this brought it to life a little more. 
The box would be ideal for favours at a party/wedding, so I'm going to keep a template that I can use with different coloured card stock for different occasions as I'm sure it will come in handy for someone.

I've entered this into a couple of challenges:

Hooked on Craft - 'sweet treats'
Craft Your Days Away - 'birthdays'


5 comments:

  1. Cute cake box! The flower on top is sooo cute! Hope you're keeping well. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous little box I LOVE it, thanks so much for sharing with us at CYDA, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake box is fabulous - I love the way you've added the filling and the icing.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea for our Sweet Treats challenge at Hookedoncrafts. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great slice of birthday cake!

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete