Sunday 24 July 2011

70th birthday card

I've been busy planning my next big trip today, reading up all about Romania and the famous Bran Castle (also more commonly known as Dracula's Castle).  Planning trips always get me all psyched up and ready to go, but I can't even start packing yet as departure isn't until September. 

So back to the UK and a card I made last night.

My mum asked me to make a last minute bithday card for one of my parents friends, Ivan, apparently they had forgotten it was his 70th - just as well they have a daughter who makes cards :)!

The image is from I Brake for Stamps, which I saw on a card sometime ago and just loved the sentiment.  The papers are from the latest Forever Friends male range and I usually use the tiny tool charms for making wine glass charms but they seemed ideal to meet the sketch that I was following at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and Pixie Dust.

I hope Ivan finds the sentiment as funny as I did. 

I'm off to brave the gym now to get some exercise :)

Here are the other challenges that I've entered:

Totally Paper Crafts - 'one for the boys'
The Paper Shelter - 'green'
CES Challenge - 'humour/funny'
Secret Crafters - 'numbers'

14 comments:

  1. That's a great image! I'm sure that Ivan will chuckle and adore it :)
    Thank you for playing along with the Pixies this week!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, how cute are the wee tools?! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your image holds so true to guys that are in construction....Oh my..lol. What a great guy card. I am sure your parents friend will get a chuckle out of it. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and I love the tools!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jade what an awesome masculine card, as they aren't easy to create. I just love your card especially your image and those wonderful embellishments. Great job and thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful card indeed!!!! Love the tools along the side as well as your image! Fabulouslly fun!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Too cute! Thanks for playing with the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card great image and design. Thanks for joining us at The paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe....just perfect for our 'funny' challenge! Thanks so much for playing at CES challs this week! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - what a funny card! I love that image and your sentiment is just hilarious with it. Terrific embellishments - so perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha Ha! Great card and love those little tool embellies.
    Thanks for joining our 'one for the boys' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card I love the sentiment.

    Thanks for playing along at CES Challenges, good luck.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete