Wednesday 13 July 2011

Bird punching

Having recently attended some card making classes in Ash run by Cate I have been getting into the world of Stampin up products.  I would love to have a home party and get some of my friends into card making, but if I'm realistic it's probably best I stick to making and selling them cards instead as they all tell me they aren't very creative etc etc.

Anyway, my first lot of purchases included a two step bird punch, which I have been playing with to my hearts content, coming up with allsort of ideas, some of which I have to admit to having cased from the internet. 

My favourite has to be the card that I made for a friend to give to his wife for their anniversary.

I saw something similar whilst searching through the internet for ideas but it turned out to be quite hard to get all the leaves intertwined together in a heart shape. 

It turns out this is also ideal for my first ever entry into a card making challenge The Fuzzy Wuzzy challenge - 'get punchy'.
The bird punch can be used to create allsorts of other things, not just the basic shapes in their raw form.  More ideas to follow another day... I'm off to search for more challenges I can enter ;).

More challenges I have entered:

The Poodles Parlour - 'birds eye view'
My time to craft - 'bird watcher'
Stampsruschallengers - 'through the garden gate'
Pollycraft - 'the great outdoors'
The Paper Shelter - 'for the birds'
Paperpretties - 'animals'
Simon Says - 'anything goes'

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. WOW, you covered the get Punchy challenge this month, spectacular! Love the subtle colors too. thanks for sharing with us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tiggerbird! The leaves look amazing!

    Thanks for joining us for the Great Outdoors challenge at Pollycraft!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge! The punched leaves and birds look so awesome! Hope to see you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Thanks for entering in The Paper Shelter callenge.

    Hugs Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    Absolutely Beautiful card!!! Love the punched birds and leaves, the dp, the colour scheme is just so pretty. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card looks great, you will soon be hooked and in need of more 'stuff', lol. For just a 'newbie', you did really well. Looking forward to seeing more of your creattions, good luck, blessings Hilde
    PS: Please turn of wordverification

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jade, this is just such a lovely card and a perfect fit for our "Rird Watcher" theme.
    Thank you for sharing at MTTC this week.
    Warm wishes, Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, your card is so pretty and elegant, such a clever card!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful card you have made. It looks absolutly fantastic. Thanks for playing with us over at the PaperShelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at TPS. Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete