Thursday 14 July 2011

Wisdom teeth

I have been tormented by my wisdom teeth significantly the last few days!  Having finally agree to have one out after about 3 years of putting it off... it seems it has decided to make it's mark and bully me in the run up to the op!

So the most appropriate card idea that I can come up with to link in with that (!), and to enter into a few more challenges (it's so touching when people visit and post comments), is of course a get well card...

I saw the idea for this card ages ago when searching on the internet for something a bit different.  There are numerous blogs with videos as well as full instructions and measurements for making this type of card in a variety of sizes.  I love the fact that the flowers come out of the pot and you can write a message on the insert which fits nicely back into the pot afterwards.

I cut the flowers out with scissors after drawing round a template leftover from some pre cut flowers that came with a sample set I bought from a craft show, nothing gets thrown away!  The flower centres are just Candi pieces by Craftworks.  Note to self - I must get some more of these as they are just so versatile.

The scalloped edge of the flowerpot was punched using the Tonic punch system having cut the initial shape first with a trimmer.  Once folded I decided to use a touch of glue to hold it together as well as the ribbon, although a lot of the designs that I have seen for this type of card don't use glue at all.

I realised after I had put a sentiment on the front that I was meant to be making a get well card - oops!  It obviously felt more like a thank you card, so I made a get well one as well in a different colour.

It just goes to show that this card is ideal for lots of occasions.  It looks like a lot of work but once you know the basic measurements it's easy to get a production line going. 

Most importantly this card is suitable to enter into a number of challenges, albeit my cards seem a little more simple than some of the extravagant ones that I see entered... however hopefully it improve my site visitors :). 





Here are the challenges:

Creative Craft Challenges - 'pretty blossoms'
Bloggers Challenge Floral Frenzy Challenge - 'floral frenzy'
Secret Crafter - 'get well soon'
Scrapbook Sisters - 'thank you'
Simon Says - 'anything goes!'

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Get Well Soon creation thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.
    Hugs Kate xx
    I have candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flower pot cards - perfect for TU's and Get Well cards! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your flower pot...hope your Wisdom teeth heal and you recover...awesome blog you have.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jade,
    These look fab. I love the vibrant colours & the great design. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! Great flower pot cards! Thank you so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these so bright and cheerful, thanks for sharing with us all here at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they look quite cute. The second one you made suits your predicament quite well... it's never fun to feel that wisdom tooth ache, or any tooth ache for that matter. I hope you get the dentist to fix that soon.

    Like the card says: Get well soon!
    -Randy Deaver

    ReplyDelete