Tuesday 26 July 2011

DIY

It was D-Day at work today (and I had to go to the office for a change!)... so I have only just got home, and have just had time to take a moment to enjoy all the lovely posts I have had today - thank you so much for your comments.

Unfortuantely I still have a lot of work to do before the morning but, fortunately I had saved up this post for a time like this ...

You think I would be sick of DIY after all the work that I (well, I had to project manage all the workmen and my dad didn't I!) had done on my house earlier this year.  However it's impossible to avoid making cards with a DIY theme as they seem to be a popular request.

This card has been covered with paper from the Daisy and Dandlion range by Docrafts - the spotted paper features in the Onion plays football decoupage pack (it's the elephant one in case you're unsure).  I've then mounted a cotton textured white panel onto dark green card which I have scalloped the bottom edge of; attached some orange ribbon around and personalised it with the initial of the recipient.

The image is from a Studiolight die cut decoupage sheet, which are often on special offer when I see them at craft fairs.  This company produces a great range of decoupage which suits allsorts of hobbies and the images are simple but effective.

I found some square brads in the same shade orange which I couldn't resist adding, but I don't think it takes away the masculine feel.

No time to find some suitable challenges for this one tonight so I've only entered it into the Lollipop Crafts challenge - 'anything goes'.

Back to normal tomorrow hopefully...

1 comment:

  1. Fab card! Love the image and the dotty backing paper. I've just realised that we live really close to each other - I just moved to Aldershot! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete