Thursday 28 July 2011

No sentiment

I've just been packing up some crafty bits to take with me tomorrow whilst I am house (cat) sitting for friends.  It's amazing how much stuff I can't leave behind; and I was trying to limit myself to some new ideas that I have been wanting to try for a while.

So, all packed up but as I wanted to enter the challenges below I still found enough stash in my favourite colour combination:

Creative Card Crew - 'animal antics'
Die Cut Dreams - 'animal antics'
Totally Gorguss - 'punch or die'
Stamping for the Weekend - 'paws for thought'
Promarkers Challenge - 'animal crackers'

I've stamped the Penny Black image onto white card stock and coloured with brush markers.  The flower punch used for the corners is the Martha Stewart Flower Patch punch.  The flowers looked a little too plain so I coloured them in so that they stand out against the green shimmer card that I've backed the image onto; after also colouring the edges with a lilac marker pen.

I always like to make my cards 3D so have raised the image up with sticky pads onto the dotty paper which is from Bo Bunny (and I've used the other side of the paper to stamp the parcels onto).  The whole thing was then mounted onto a lilac panel before adding it to the card blank.

I couldn't decide on whether it needed a sentiment, as it's quite busy with papers and flower I thought I would leave it as that.

Fingers cross I can get my pc working whilst I am away and can still post over the weekend as there is a whole load of challenges I am dying to enter :).

7 comments:

  1. Adorable creation and beautifully colored, I love your corner details, thanks so much for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Jade. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week for my animal crackers challenge, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really cute. Thank you so much for entering both DCD and SFTW with this creation and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jade, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful thanks so much for entering at SFTW & creative card crew and good luck hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hedgie. What an awesome corner punch you used.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card & the corner flowers look gorgeous :)
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete