Monday 18 July 2011

Sorry

Happy monday!

Sorry, it's another bird punch card today - I just can't get enough of this punch!
I drew the bird house freehand and cut the roof out of wood grained card and the house out of textured paper which I then sponged with pale brown ink.

I've been keeping tabs on the birds in my garden using a bird spotting book (that came free with the Telegraph sometime ago) that my dad gave me.  The book is really handy for giving me ideas for different birds to make with my favourite punch... although I'm not convinced the blue tit on this card is actually distinguishable as one?

I used an embossing folder that came free with a Creativity magazine for the green paper and finished off with a brown ribbon.

Looks like I've posted this just in time to make this my second card entry at The Paper Shelter challenge - 'for the birds' and the Kaboodle Doodles challenge - 'embossing'.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous birdy card, thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bird card! I too love watching the birds that come visit our backyard but i still couldn't make a bird card such as yours. Thanks for joining us Kaboodle Doodles!

    Kath
    "Let's Get Scrappy!"
    http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great bird card! aren't they wonderful to watch and listen to?
    thanks for playing along with the embossing challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. :)

    ReplyDelete