Monday 11 July 2011

Throw nothing away

I hate Mondays!  It feels like I have been dealing with one problem after another today... however, escaping to the craft room for the evening inevitably takes the pain away :).

Why is it that after a big tidy up I end up making more mess?  I'm not a hoarder (honest!), but I do like to keep leftover wrapping paper, bits of ribbon/string and anything that I can use for crafting with.

Having had a couple of parties recently I seem to have acquired quite a lot of wrapping paper so in my attempt to clear up I found the perfect use for some of it... as backing paper. 


The card is A6 in size and I have cut out a panel of wrapping paper and mounted it on some pink card and finished it off with a piece of ribbon before adding the panel which features one of the characters from the Daisy and Dandelion range by Docrafts, which was released last year. 

The hedgehog is from a decoupage pack which has lasted ages, despite me using this cute hedgehog on a number of other cards.  There were also some great papers in the pack, in complimentary colours, which I found were suitable to use on masculine cards as well as the more girly ones.  Usually with decoupage packs I find there is too much in there that doesn't get used, but I have used every image at least once and with 2 sheets of each set of designs and a photocopier (!) the cards are endless (literally!).

No comments:

Post a Comment