Saturday 9 July 2011

Rugby

I've just spent a large part of my day watching rugby... My sister works with the GB Wheelchair Rugby team and the the GBWR Super Series is taking place this weekend in Guildford.  It was actually quite good and it looks like her team (Crash) won their group and will be in the finals tomorrow.

Despite this, I of course still managed to fit in a visit to the craft demo earlier this morning although as expected I was a little disappointed with the large number of Christmas cards that were being demonstrated. 

So, instead of casing any of those ideas, I thought I would share with you a card from my current batch of orders.  This Art Deco card features my most used stamp set (by Clarity Stamps) which I picked up at the first craft fair I ever went to, about 3 or 4 years ago!

People are quite happy to buy this card from me in the standard purple or green colours that feature in my catalogue although being such a versatile stamp it can be made in any colour and for any female, for any occasion.

Someone even bought this card to give to a close friend, whom she had given the same card to last year for their birthday, albeit in a different colour!

The image has been coloured with brush markers, cut out and stuck on with sticky pads.  I used the Border Punch system by Tonic with a ribbon punch on the edge of the card and threaded through ribbon to match the backing paper which has been mounted on card cut with scalloped scissors. 

It always seems to take me ages to colour these images in as I like to make them sparkly with gel pens, but I often stamp lots of them in one go as I'm guaranteed to be able to sell these cards quite quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment