Wednesday 20 July 2011

No baby yet

Still no sign of my friend Vicki's baby (check out the crafty things I made for her shower here if you're interested) which is due tomorrow... apparently another week according to the midwife whom she went to see today.  So no clues if it is a boy or a girl! 

I had a last minute order for a baby boy card for someone else which I thought I would share with you in an attempt to coax him/her out in the hope that Vicki doesn't have to suffer from boredom for too much longer... although if I was in her shoes I would be busy crafting and making the most of it lol!


For this card I've used another one of the Daisy and Dandelion characters from the Docrafts range.  This time a stamp which I have embossed this with clear embossing powder so it stands out and then coloured it with Promarkers.  The sentiment has also been embossed and I used my trusty Stamp-a-majig from Stampin Up so that I could stamp directly to the base card. 

A piece of white ribbon, some diamantes and some star shaped brads finishes this off nicely - not bad for a card that took about 10 minutes to make, although I have to admit to having stamped and coloured the image sometime ago.

Here are the challenges I have entered this one into:

Papertake Weekly - 'getting cute'
Everybody Art - 'dots'
I did it Creations - 'animals'
Cupcake - 'wish upon a star'
Deep Ocean - 'ribbons'

3 comments:

  1. A great card, I love your star elements. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Jade! Lovely image and great layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, it´s absolutely stunning :)

    Thank you for joining us at DOC :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete