Sunday 31 July 2011

Hobbycraft and cat sitting

I'm house sitting in Woking for a couple of friends - they have 2 house cats and with Hobbycraft being so nearby how could I refuse to help them out for a few days!

I had a good rummage through the bargain boxes at Hobbycraft yesterday and found some glass/procelain paints at less than half price so can't wait to get to play with those once I am back home on Wednesday as I bulk ordered lots of white china items last week :).

A couple of the girlies joined me for a pizza last night whilst I was on cat sitting duties, but today I've been hanging out in the garden.  There are some lovely fuchsias and other plants that I don't know the name of - but some of the colours are absolutely beautiful. 

Here's where I got my inspiration for one of the cards that I made today - these are such a lovely shade of lilac.





And here's the card - I've almost matched the colour with the scraps of card that I punched the flowers out of.

The stamp is from the Creative Expressions U-Mount range which I have coloured with brush markets and shimmer pens.  The DSP used inside the oval is from the Papermania 'purple' Capsule Collection.

I realised after making this that there is very little space to actually write in it but hopefully the sparkle and bling will make up for that.

I've entered this into the Midnight Madness sketch challenge - 'your pick' and Totally Papercrafts - 'bling it up'.





9 comments:

  1. Jade, A BIG WARM WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!! We are delighted that you have joined us. Your card is lovely! Love that image and your color selection. The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks for for playing in our challenge this week!

    Phyllis - Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade! WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! We're so glad you've come to join in our fun and LOVE what you've created today! This is my FAVORITE color and love that you've used the flowers as your inspiration! Hope to see you again next week for another fun Midnight Madness Sketch!!

    Darlene
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We are so happy you found us and wanted to share your talent with us!

    FAB card! Love the lilac! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining our challenge - I hope to see you play with us again real soon!
    Hugs
    Gunn
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we're so glad you joined us this week! Your lacey corset is just lovely! Thanks again for joining us this week and we hope you come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BIG warm WELCOME to our challenges. We are thrilled you have entered. It is a joy to check out new blogs and peoples work. Love your card and what a great take on the sketch. I hope you keep coming back. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant card. Love the purple and silver colors togheter. LindaS/MMSC GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a elegant and tastfull card you have made!
    Its so nice to see you with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge. Beautiful flowers on the side on your card!
    Hugs Guro
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card!! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week!
    Valarie Florer
    priscillastyles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this blog, keep up the great work wish you all the best.

    Overnight House Sitting

    ReplyDelete